[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Bob Walkden bob at web-options.com
Tue Dec 18 20:55:31 CET 2012

> From: Srinivas Nayak [mailto:sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com]
>
> Dear All,
>
> Is there a source code navigator for Oberon .Mod files?
> Like, source-navigator available on Windows/Linux for C/C++ code.

That will surely depend on the IDE you're using for C/C++.

This is probably not a very helpful answer, but I've always taken the view
that if your source code is so large or complex that it needs a navigator
then you must be doing something wrong.

There are tools within some of the implementations for browsing hierarchies,
I think, but it's fairly easy anyway just to open a module from the IMPORT
list.

I also believe there's a tool which can produce an index of procedures to
make it easy to jump to one - like a definition module in Modula-2.
Similarly, I believe there are also tools which can put the procedure body
into a fold to make it a bit easier to scroll through large sources.

And of course, this being Oberon, if one of the existing tools doesn't suit
you, you can probably write your own fairly easily.