[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Tue Dec 18 21:04:49 CET 2012

On Tuesday 18 December 2012 20:55:31 Bob Walkden wrote:
> > From: Srinivas Nayak [mailto:sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com]
> >
> > Is there a source code navigator for Oberon .Mod files?
> > Like, source-navigator available on Windows/Linux for C/C++ code.
>
> This is probably not a very helpful answer, but I've always taken the
> view that if your source code is so large or complex that it needs a
> navigator then you must be doing something wrong.

Niklaus Wirth says: When the source exceeds (about) 5000 lines of code,
your source becomes too big. You need to split the source in smaller
modules.
Also, when the program gets too complex (i.e. long) chances are you
didn't fully understand the problem and hence your algorithm is wrong.
So: back to the drawing table!

In C a long source is a sign of good craftsmanship.
In Modula-2 or Oberon, a short source is.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl