[Oberon] Help in using an Oberon systems.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Tue Dec 18 21:25:11 CET 2012

Yes indeed! Both of our IDEs -

CPIde (for Gardens Point Component Pascal):

  http://www.cfbsoftware.com/cpide

and Astrobe:

  http://www.astrobe.com

have the following features:

* Automatically generated indexed list of procedures and imports:

Click on a procedure name to position the editor at that procedure; click on
an import name to open the source code for that import.

* Automatic syntax-colouring as you type.

* Automatic upper-case conversion of keywords as you type (my pinkies are
wasting away!)

I use them both a lot when studying / navigating Oberon .Mod files - you
just need to strip of the two or three lines of header information when so
they become normal text files.

BlackBox Component Builder also has built-in navigation features (and a
whole lot more!):

  http://www.oberon.ch/blackbox.html

Users have also developed add-ons for additional features. E.g.

(As described here recently, BlackBox has built-in support for ETH Oberon
files.

  http://www.zinnamturm.eu/downloadsAC.htm#CpcIndex

I haven't used it recently but AFAIR the PET Oberon editor in AOS / A2 has
similar capabilities

Regards,

Chris Burrows
CFB Software