[Oberon] The Oberon answer to Arduino

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Wed Dec 26 23:07:38 CET 2012

On Wednesday 26 December 2012 22:52:08 Chris Burrows wrote:

> There are Arduino pin-compatible boards available that use 32-bit
> ARM7 and low-power ARM Cortex-M3 microcontrollers. They can be used
> with the many Arduino add-on project / accessory boards (so-called
> 'Shields').

Don't limit yourself on Arduino. There's also Pinguino
http://www.pinguino.cc

This is dutch but just click on the links in each section:
http://antratek.nl/Olimexino-Pinguino.html

Look at this: http://www.olimex.com/dev/pic32-pinguino-mx220.html

A 32 bit PIC at 40 MHz.... Wow if only I could have used this in 1993.

Pinguino is interesting. It is open source from moment zero. If I
understand it right, the micro presents itself as a USB stick and you
just upload the binary file to it.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven