[Oberon] The Oberon answer to Arduino

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Mon Dec 31 00:13:18 CET 2012

On Friday 28 December 2012 01:56:41 Aubrey.McIntosh at alumni.utexas.net
wrote:
> Actually, it looks pretty good.  I downloaded the pinguino .brd file,
> but the .sch file fails to download for me.  Is anyone else able to
> retrieve it?

I downloaded it and put it in private webspace:

http://members.home.nl/jmr272/PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220_Rev_A.brd
http://members.home.nl/jmr272/PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220_Rev_A.sch

Try your luck with these please.

Forget the pinguino project. Only the Olimex boards marketed under the
pinguino label are of interest.

I have been fiddling with www.pinguino.cc and have now completely
abandoned it. The IDE cannot be got to work with my Slackware system. I
tried the forum but the only feedback was to get pissed off by one of
the maintainers. They want their system to gain over Arduino but the
only support they give is "consult the python sources". And the python
sources are one gigantic spaghetti of code.
I now downloaded the MPlab X IDE (X for Cross Platform) and I have
ordered a PICkit 3 programmer.

In the process I stumbled into Uno32.
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,892,893&Prod=CHIPKIT-UNO32
http://chipkit.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

There are so many readymade boards out there...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl