[Oberon] Readymade boards (was: The Oberon answer to Arduino)

Bob Walkden bob at web-options.com
Mon Dec 31 00:42:42 CET 2012

> From: Jan Verhoeven [mailto:jan at verhoeven272.nl]
[...]
> There are so many readymade boards out there...

there was a very interesting TV programme here (UK) today, in which the
presenter, James May from Top Gear, had built a model glider from balsa wood
to break the record for a free glide.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pmbmx

In addition to the boyish fun of watching the whole mad project (I made a
Henry Farman biplane from a photograph
<http://www.ctie.monash.edu/hargrave/images/farman_1909_1000.jpg>  when I
was about 11, and to my astonishment it flew!) I was fascinated when one of
the engineers produced what appeared to be a ready-made board which they
wired into the glider for use, very successfully, as an autopilot. I wonder
if the autopilot software was bought off-the-shelf, or if one of his boffins
knocked it up specially in a couple of weeks out of bits of old programming
language they found in a shed.

If it comes your way, be sure to watch it.