[Oberon] The Oberon answer to Arduino

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Tue Jan 1 01:55:58 CET 2013

> Shouldn't it be possible to create something like BlackBox for .NETMF
> as killer app ...

I think the time of the killer apps is over. Everyone is on the net.
Everyone has all the information. Everyone can choose from everything.

It's all very complicated now that everyone knows what we know. Or, at
least, they think they do.

The AdBlock plugin is a killer app.
Facebook is a killer app.

Killer apps are things that fill the unbearable emptyness in modern day
life. Not sure if we can use a microprocessor for that.
There is so much of everything that everything feels empty. Only
senseless simple things offer some relief.

Everyone with a copy of Eagle or gEDA or whatever, with a basic
knowledge of CPU's wants to set a mark and make his own computer.
I know this, because I wanted it myself. But the end result would be
that all such engineers would end up with their own, quantity one,
unique computer.

Happy newyear, friends. That makes sense. It's my killer app....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Verhoeven
http://www.verhoeven272.nl