[Oberon] Oberon spirit.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 08:08:59 CET 2013

Dear All,

eas lab wrote:

    The other feature which I'm trying to copy from wily is the ability to
    <capture>  words/tokens from the CURSOR position --  not the caret.

 From time to time, I see this kind of nice improvement ideas in this
forum, as well as other good discussions on improving Oberon.

Is it that Oberon is still being evolved?
Is it that you are using it as your desktop environment?
Is it that Oberon is being used in business for making money?

Or is it just for personal enjoyment?

When I used to present in Linux forums, I have seen many questions and
answer happening around.
There, questions were coming from those, who uses Linux as their own
desktop, who uses Linux in business, and who used Linux for OS
development for creating distributions.

Here what is the spirit?

I am very much excited to see all these ideas, but could never know what
is the purpose of it!
Can anybody please give me an overview of Oberon world as it remains today.

I also see postings about porting Oberon to some hardware.
I also read new projects being developed by Aubrey.
Are those just for personal toy making, or for some bigger mass?

Also I think, may be I am lucky to be part of the latest researches
happening in ETH, Zurich.

What is that, I am part of?

Hope, if I could get the context, I could also be involved into all of
these with the same spirit.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak