[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Amiga OS and Oberon

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:25:29 CET 2013

PE wrote:-
> What is the physical layer when HTTP is used?

As you well know, <ISO 7> is designed to be independant of the
physical layer.

Here's the subtlety:
before the system failed,
when I contacted my ISP2:neotel, via their supplied Fixed-wireless-terminal
they could detect that I was not a N.Korean hacker entering via the inet.
[Although the hacker COULD steal my device and enter from this geography].
So, there's good reason to have less restriction on clients who dial-in
than those who come via inet.

Currently my physical layer is a Fixed-wireless-terminal.

When I get access to the old dial-up modem I still fail to connect to
ISP1. But because of the socio/economic/political chaos I just leave it.

You've seen the TV scenes from Somalia and Haiti ?

== Chris Glur.