[Oberon] Two questions about ETH Oberon (PlugIn)

Oleg N. Cher allot at bk.ru
Mon Feb 4 00:10:21 CET 2013

Dear All,

I've two questions for you, please.

1. There is this module (in OPCL):

DEFINITION CmdLine;

	IMPORT Kernel32, SYSTEM;

	CONST
		length* = 1025; (*Windows 95 limit is 1024*)

	VAR
		text*: ARRAY length OF CHAR;

END CmdLine.

After initializing, it gets and made available the all characters of
Win32 command line.

How can I attach this text data to Texts.Scanner (to scan it with help
of Oberon scanner)? And without saving the text to File.

I can create Buffer (Texts.OpenBuf) and put the text here
(B.WriteString). But I cannot attach this buffer to Scanner.

Also I can create Texts.Reader, but then Texts.Text needs to be
specified (in OpenReader), and this type is provided only for work with
texts that are loaded (or saved) in filesystem.

As I understand, attaching the Scanner to simple ARRAY OF CHAR is not
possible now. But I'm in doubts, I'll be glad to get your opinion.

2. Do I understand correctly that all fonts in the ETH Oberon system are
raster and have fixed size? How I can to proportionally increase the
size of all the fonts in the system for a laptop with a small screen?

Thanks.

--
Oleg N. Cher
VEDAsoft Oberon Club