[Oberon] [Fwd: RE: objects and jewels]

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Wed Feb 20 08:20:03 CET 2013

Absolutely! Pointers in Oberon do not suffer from the problems that C
pointers have. They are type safe, you cannot do arithmetic on them etc.
etc.

Pointers are used in Oberon by programmers who want to make use of
algorithms that depend on dynamic data structures (e.g. linked lists,
balanced trees etc).

Read Chapter 4 'Dynamic Information Structures' of Wirth's "Algorithms and
Data Structures" that I recommended to you last week to learn more:

  http://www.ethoberon.ethz.ch/WirthPubl/AD.pdf

Regards,

Chris Burrows
CFB Software
Astrobe v4.3 - Oberon for ARM Cortex-M3 Microcontrollers
http://www.astrobe.com