[Oberon] ETHO Display structure.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:52:43 CET 2013

}You will learn how the modules Texts, TextFrames and other important modules
} interact and what a "handler" is and so on.

AFAIK that's amply covered in Chapter*.Text, which I started reading over
 15 years ago. And the fact that I was able to 'recognise' how the
different sized bricks are laid down, according to their 'lib-spec'
indicates that the knowledge that percolated up from my subconscious,
was previously already read.

Although I must admit that I only vaguely remember how a handler works.

Meanwhile let's take Paul Reed's input as an example of collaborative
contribution:
 confirmed my stated assumptions,
 corrected my wrong assumptions,
 pointed to the module containing the relevant info;
which has finally allowed me to:

Repeat
 get(ch);
 writeCharAtCursor;
Until ch = "q"

It's just that the resolution for fast navigating individual
chars is impractical. Words are more practical.
I was much influence by EditKeys, but forgot that the cursor 'snaps'
 to the last-char-of-the-line, and positioning it quickly inside the
 line is not so easy.

== Chris Glur.