[Oberon] ETHO Display structure.

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Mon Mar 11 13:34:17 CET 2013

Hi Chris

> I've got some NEW confused ideas on this matter, but I'm going
> to post my previous work, in order to clear my gmail for other needs:-

> IMO the Pet* author wrongly names the 'caret' the cursor.
> But I've notice mention of the "pointer" and the "marker".
> For THIS PROJECT, I've considered the <pointer which moves with the mouse>
> as the cursor.  What is the "pointer"?

I may repeat myself, but please study the book "The Oberon System" by Martin
Reiser.
You will learn what the difference between "caret" and "cursor" is. What a
"marker" is used for.
How to process pressed keys. A lot of interesting stuff how the Oberon
system works.
What conventions you HAVE TO FOLLOW, so you can successfully implement your
ideas - most probably by writing an own "handler" (the book also explains
how this is done) - and eventually adopt the underlying Oberon system to
your needs.

Best regards
Jörg