[Oberon] Oberon Digest, Vol 115, Issue 3

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:25:57 CET 2013

Re. putting Native-Oberon to a USBstik, we should collaborate to,
be able to port NO's HumanComputerInterface to *ANY* architecture,
and not be dependent on the WinTel monopoly.

The value lies in the magical HCI.

Don't get bamboozled by the hardware, like a teenager kicking the
tyres of a flashy motorcycle.

I don't know how far Aos goes, because I was unimpressed at
it's discarding of the NO interface, by eg. ape-ing 'Windows', with
an awkward panel, instead of <the info on a plain A4-sheet, which
I can reposition anywhere> as NO does for <Partition.Show>.

Can I easily email the Win-like panel?
Or embed part/all of it in my notes?
Or select-execute text in it ...etc?
A: no you can't.

The NO HCI is far superior to anything from Microsoft.

== Chris Glur.