[Oberon] erroneous hiding procedures in programmer's text editor v2.1

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 04:12:21 CET 2013

>This implies that an Oberon compiler can be quite lax about semicolons.

No!!
"quite lax" is not an expression to use in <computing>.

We use 'simplification' [which is a complex notion] not 'laxness' to
ease the job.

IMO programming should be done by menus, instead of writing-notes-to-
the-little-man-in-the-box. Syntax directed editors, for each different language
would be good to reduce the mental load.

ETHO has made a magical design choice:
   *.Tool/s  ARE menus;
   and at the same time, being textual, they use our reading/recognition skills
        which we've paid for by our schooling; and the <menu text> is easily
     mapped to the corresponding action; and the <menu text> is easily editable.

OTOH this menu-based gmail is infuriating, compared to my ETHO-mail, which
I can't see how to use via gmail.

== Chris Glur.