[Oberon] Re (2): Project Oberon: New Edition

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 22 18:48:04 CET 2013

Claudio and everyone,

From:	Claudio Nieder <private at claudio.ch>
Date:	Sun, 22 Dec 2013 02:40:43 +0100
> ... unnecessary fragmentation.

Yes, fragmentation is probably the biggest obstacle to efficient
use of computing.

> Some people on this list care mostly about the TUI and are happy
> having that with any other kind of OS running beneath of it.
> Others might even hate the TUI because the mouse-interclicks
> cannot be translated to touch screens ...

There is a very simple and effective way of integrating the familiar
Oberon TUI with the gestural touchscreen approach.  The result, I
believe, is more powerful than any extant interface.

I have a description of this interface and am working on a prototypical
implementation.  To avoid pre-emption of the ideas by commercial
interests, details have not yet been published.

Best Regards,       ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202  Bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca  http://carnot.yi.org/