[Oberon] erroneous hiding procedures in programmer's text editor v2.1

Richard Hable informujo at aon.at
Mon Dec 23 22:02:21 CET 2013

On 12/23/13 08:08, Zdenek wrote:
> On 12/17/2013 08:11 PM, Richard Hable wrote:
>>
>> A compiler which does not recognize syntax errors is broken.
>>
>> Richard
> Oberon compiler is by no means broken. In fact it is one of the best
> working compilers in the world.

Please excuse my harsh statement. In no way did I intend to claim that
the compiler is of bad quality or does not work.

I just wanted to emphasize that ignoring syntax errors is not a
feature, but a bug. Strict syntax checks help the programmer to
recognize errors early and write source code which is compatible with
other compilers.

Best regards,
Richard