[Oberon] Merge Requests

peasthope at shaw.ca peasthope at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 30 00:55:39 CET 2014

Hi,

In the OCP Forum > Merge Requests, the last response is from
Sven Stauber responding to "OFS.Tool  Bernhard T.  July 22, 2010".

In effect, this branch of the Forum has become a list
of bug reports.  Merging of a fix on individual systems
worldwide consumes enormous human resources in comparison
to having the fix, once and for all, in the distribution.
Many potential users will dismiss the system before finding
fixes or attempting to make them.

I understand that everyone is spread thinly and that the
task of merging requires a deep understanding of the system.
Consequently ETH can face difficulties with merging.

So my question; should merging still be considered viable?
Otherwise we might simply submit corrections to the community
subversion repository.

Best regards and thanks for any response,    ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202  http://carnot.yi.org/