[Oberon] Commercial system

Douglas G. Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Sat Feb 8 03:23:44 CET 2014

After reading the posts concerning the FPGA and Dr Wirth's
recent work I would think that some enterprising you company
would take up the torch and build a very inexpensive hardware/
software system.  Someone like Steve Jobs (Apple).

I mention Apple because I had the privilege of discussing with
George Pake, in 1975/6, who was director of PARC
(Palo Alto Research Center) why Xerox had not yet brought
forth the Alto as a commercial product.  The short of his
comments were "That's not our charter".

It seems that for ETHZ, it also is not their charter.

Surely there is someone reading this list who would be able
to garner the resources and personal support necessary to
confront the 'big guys', or at leased offer a nice alternative.

-Doug Danforth