[Oberon] Commercial system

Josef Sedlacek sedlacek at swissonline.ch
Sat Feb 8 16:33:06 CET 2014

Hello together

Let me report for the first time.

In collaboration with the group of prof. Jürg Gutknecht with Dr. Felix
Friedrich and Florian Negele we have developed a system which carries
the registered mark

A2 swiss industrial controller (R)

It is a combination of soft and hardware for high reliability 7 days/24
hours per week operation.
There is a A2CPU processor implemented in a FPGA using DDR3, SRAM and
Flash. Further there is DVI, Giga Ethernet, Usb Host and other
"computer" periphery on the board. The interface to the industrial
process is located on the board as well (making the use of expensive and
unreliable cables/connectors inside the system unnecessary). It connects
directly to the high power devices. Industrial field buses (like
Profibus, Profinet etc.) are provided.
Historically this is a next step after the C2 System which was used some
thousand times since 1997 all the time with an unchanged hardware based
on NO and AOS running on an embedded PC. The name A2 came into existence
during a swiss confederation founded project bringing together high
quality operating system with the industrial needs.
Now the A2CPU processor allows to use the whole software further. Its
instruction set compiled with a new Fox-Compiler backend is a reduction
of the X86 set. The application runs under A2 (AOS) from a 16MB flash.
There are still some details to solve.

We hope to find interested users. The system is highly scalable and can
be optimized from low price to high performance (because of the high
speed hardware in FPGA). If you know somebody who could like this then
tell him please about it.

Otherwise I eat at least one apple a day and hope that A2 can create
some new jobs.

Best regards

Josef Sedlacek

--
Company:  Radiar, Dr. J. Sedlacek, CH-7554 Sent
Tel: +41 (81) 860 06 60