[Oberon] FPGA Oberon again

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Thu Feb 13 17:22:05 CET 2014

Hi Jan,

[...]
>That's why I would like to see the final version of Oberon running on x86-
>64. Let's say, make a final version for VIA nano E cpu (100 mW idle). VIA
>make a very nice computer around that CPU, the ART-3000:

hmm, I do not know, if you have read access to the SVN repository, but if
you succeeded to get it, it is quite easy to create your own build setup:

Just check out everything from the SVN repository (see the info in the ocp
wiki: http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Development/Repository). I was quite
successful with Tortoise SVN Client under Windows (XP) checking out into a
directory A2, but it should be feasible also with clients under Linux (but
then I would be lost primarily, since there is no complete UnixAos in the
Repo, but a ready built WinAos.

Start <A2>\WinAos\WinAos.exe and try to get accustomed to the user interface
of Aos/WinAos (Andre Fischer's guide available also from the ocp wiki should
help, see http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Front).

Then open <A2>/source/Build.Tool (e.g. by opening the file browser (Files->Files)
and clicking on Build.Tool . Following the instructions there (see also instructions
in the ocp wiki http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Development/Builds) it is quite
easy to build a full x86 (32 bit) bootable iso image.

If you add an --AMD64 to the line Release.Build, you get a smaller iso image
ready for the AMD 64 architecture.

BTW: I'm approaching the 61st birthday quite rapidly ...

regards
--
  Bernhard