[Oberon] FPGA Oberon some news and a reply to F.P.

Frans-Pieter Vonck fp at vonck.nl
Tue Mar 4 13:00:09 CET 2014

>So, I think, if FPGAOberon is
> generic and not much dependent on specialties of Spartan 3, we should
> immediately make/port our FPGAOberon on/to a latest board.

I thought that hardware independence was the whole idea of Wirth behind
using an hdl as the basis for FPGAOberon (compiler
, system).
To me it seems an an attractive idea.
For instance, the oberon compiler for the lpc2000 processors is no longer
supported. (I just threw my three embedded artists boards in the garbage
bin.)

My understanding is that  if someone writes a driver, for instance an
rs232 , in an hdl language, the driver is portable to every fpga
processor.

But I could be wrong.

Greets,
F.P.