[Oberon] FPGA Oberon some news and a reply to F.P.

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Tue Mar 4 13:34:04 CET 2014

FP
It is true that a Verolg definition of the processor gives a certain independance on the real HW being used, as long as there is a Verilog toolchain (not part of the project) for your real HW.
- As one example where small adaptions might be necessary while porting the project to other/newer HW is the clock. The project's Verilog code assumes a 25MHz clock, eg in the clock dividers you find here and there. In case the real HW does not provide that clock natively, you have to adapt the clock dividers in your Verilog code accordingly.
- Another small adaption might be the mapping of names and location of the pins, now present in the "ucf" file

br, Jörg