[Oberon] FPGA Oberon some news and a reply to F.P.

Richard Hable informujo at aon.at
Wed Mar 5 20:01:46 CET 2014

On 03/05/14 11:06, Jan Verhoeven wrote:

> #N -> Ra

This is more difficult to read (and parse) than a mnemonic followed by
a fixed number of operands.

Keep it simple...

> Three letter abbreviations are soooo 1978. And we definitely live in 19114.
> It feels like looking at 6502 sourcecode.

Having programmed the mighty 6502 for many years, I found its 56
concise mnemonics easy to read and understand and would not have
wished for any different syntax. It should be even easier to get used
to the 16 mnemonics of the RISC processor.

Richard