[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): suggestions for documentation.

Jan Verhoeven jan at verhoeven272.nl
Thu Apr 3 17:46:52 CEST 2014

peter at easthope.ca wrote:
> And HTML has the preformatted element.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html-markup/pre.html

Which I use extensive;y for source code presentation. And that's what it
was intended for...
For example in http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/obc/cgi2.html

>> For entertainment purposes, HTML will do just fine. For technical
>> matters, ...
> Are pages such as these entertainment or are they technical
> documents?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiview_orthographic_projection

This comes close to a column of Scientific American: Mathematical
Recreations.

> http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Installation

Which relies extensively on tables, which are abandoned in HTML 5.

> I can't make the distinction.

You just need a bit more time.
HTML is to PDF what a spreadsheet is to a database. Millions use a
spreadsheet as a database, until they make one tiny error and all
records are jumbled up. Something impossible in a true database (like
Borland's "Reflex").

--
Groetjes

Jan Verhoeven