[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 06:35:53 CEST 2014

eas lab wrote:
> [now need ps2 to USB] although I couldn't understand how USB could
> be adapted to ps2, without complex software.

Jan Verhoeven wrote:
]PS/2 is a special case of I2C and USB is based on I2C. So the principles
]share on similar ancestors.
]
]USB = power + balanced clock/data
]PS/2 = power + unbalanced clock/data
]
]See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS/2_port and
]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usb
]
]The last USB specification I saw took up 500 double sided A4 pages to
]describe the hardware and the protocols. At that moment I gave up.

Me too. Life is too short. Similarly, although I accept that SDL2 emulator
must accept the mouse/kybrd event delivered by rPi, the documentation
<try this try that> indicates that it's not yet mature/stable for rPi.
Like *we* could spend much time getting LNO working on some
hardware, and then need to repeat the effort, on other hardware.
OTOH, LEO worked immediately, and I've been using it everyday
since. IMO risc.img + SDL2 is a clever acrobat, but fails the simplicity
requirement.

Re. <a place for ETHO to live> if ETHZ can't guard our jewels:
I looked at your
http://fruttenboel.verhoeven272.nl/Oberon/index.html
All pdf. I don't like pdf.
I fetched <ARM compiler helicopter project> and 'cleaned'
some parts, for my new format: lying-down like a baby, and
having rPi read it to me via TestToSpeech.

== Chris Glur.