[Oberon] Project Oberon 2013 on GitHub?

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Apr 11 08:29:03 CEST 2014

Chris

It seems that "USB yes or no" seems to be your biggest worry.
Remember Peter de Wachters piece of code is an EMULATOR. So, the SW running on top of it (in our case Project Oberon) doesn't be aware of the real HW underneath, as the HW is emulated.

SDL runs on top of Raspbian (a Linux variant) and Raspbian has the USB drivers you're looking for. So neither SDL nor Project Oberon needs to be aware of "USB yes or no" as the host OS of the emulator takes care of it.

Short: just plug in your USB mouse and the Project Oberon works with it as it were a PS2 mouse. No HW adapter "PS2-to-USB" needed as the PS2 interface is emulated in SW.

br, Jörg