[Oberon] Oberon on Raspberry Pi: no keyboard, no mouse (was: Re: Re (2): suggestions for documentation.)

Ulrich Hoffmann uho at xlerb.de
Sun Apr 13 19:23:33 CEST 2014

On 2014-04-10 at 12:13 pm eas lab wrote:

> Yes the CPU and display are nice.
> But what about the USB: keybrd & mouse?
>
> == Chris Glur.

Hi,

I further investigated in the no keyboard, no mouse problem
on Raspberry Pi.

When compiling SDL2 (I used version 2.0.3 [1]) on Raspberry Pi,
please make sure (as explained in SDL2's README-rasperrypi.txt)
that you

1) meet the Build Dependencies for SDL2 on Raspberry Pi:

		sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libasound2-dev libdbus-1-dev

2) the pi user (or the user you intend to run SDL2 apps with) is member
	of the input group

		sudo usermod -aG input `whoami`

	It seems like logging out and logging in is required for the group
	membership to become active. At least it was for me.

Only then start building SLD2 (in SDL2's directory):

		./configure; make; sudo make install

Running oberon-risc-emu should have working mouse and keyboard then.

On one system I tried to use SLD2 without meeting the Build
Dependencies ( 1) above): SDL2 compiles fine but keyboard and mouse
will not work with oberon-risc-emu. Only establishing 1), removing the
SDL2 directory, re-unpacking SDL2 and compiling from scratch helped.
A mere rerun of configure; make; sudo make install did not succeed.

Let us know if this works for you.

Regards,
		Ulrich Hoffmann

[1] http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.3.tar.gz