[Oberon] Oberon] initializing variable - was: Maintained open source Oberon/Oberon-2 compiler?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Wed May 14 09:46:06 CEST 2014

> If not, are declared variables initialized to a default value?

you can initialize in the body of the module. Constructs like

VAR temp_int: INTEGER = 100;

add a lot overhead to linker (and for the Oberon System to
the dynamic loader), which should be avoided.

MODULE bodies allow to do that transparently and you see
what has to be done.

> If not, are declared variables initialized to a default value?

as far as I know, this is deliberately unspecified.

--
  Bernhard