[Oberon] 1G RAM in Emulated RISC Oberon

Charles Perkins chuck at kuracali.com
Sun Jun 22 16:09:33 CEST 2014

On Jun 22, 2014, at 6:34 AM, Peter De Wachter <pdewacht at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll take a look, but I feel it's a bit outside the scope of my
> emulator. Essentially, I see the emulator as a substitute for the FPGA
> board, as an aid for readers of the Project Oberon book. As such, I'm
> interested in patches that either improve the fidelity of the emulation
> or that make the emulator easier to use (the screen size patches fall in
> the second category), but I'm not really interested in turning the
> emulator into a platform for some new system. Michael Schierl seems more
> interested in traveling in that direction.

I see, please take whatever you find useful from my patches and discard the rest!
I appreciate that you have made your code available to learn from and to use. Being
able to conveniently run this latest, simplest Oberon has been very helpful to me.

I agree with Michael, I think that an Oberon-in-Oberon emulator is a natural
progression, especially if or when V5 Oberon is ported to a larger/faster FPGA or
back again to the Intel or ARM.