[Oberon] Oberon-1 or Oberon-2?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:04:53 CET 2014

I supose:
= all x86:win7 programs run on 64BitWinTel ?
= V4:windows is 386 based ?
Hasn't it got the V4:compiler [with it's *.Mod] included?
I notice that linux:V4 has got 10 of:
/V4/oberon-1.7.02/Source?.Mod

OK, let's *nix peek into one.
->  strings /mnt/H15/usr/local/bin/V4/oberon-1.7.02/Source/iOPB.Mod | head ==
Syntax10.Scn.Fnt
MODULE iOPB;    (* Copyright (c) ETH Zurich, 1989-95 /  RC 6.3.89 / 21.2.94 *)
(* build parse tree *)
        PR, Patrik Reali (reali at inf.ethz.ch): StPar0
                CHR and ORDfunctions must accept SYSTEM.BYTE parameters
                This feature wasn't implemented yet (but the language
report clearly states that it has to be).
        CS, 12.7.96: prevent down guards
        JT, 25.08.96: indexing an array with the address of procedure
(e.g. arr[MyProc]) or an integer type
                (e.g. arr[INTEGER]) was not recognized by the front
end and resulted into a trap in the back end.
        IMPORT OPT := iOPT, OPS := iOPS, OPM := iOPM;
That looks like part of the compiler to me.

== Chris Glur.