[Oberon] FW: FW: Oberon V4 - was: Oberon-1 or Oberon-2?

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Thu Oct 30 14:39:20 CET 2014

>> 1. Is the date displayed correctly?
>

>The System Log starts with:
>Oberon for WindowsTM  V4.0-2.3 on Windows NT 6.1
>iOP2   RC/NM  V1.7   22.1.1996
>
>Is this 22.1.1996 the date when the System was built, or is it intended to
>be the current date?
this is the date the system was built.

You get the current date by executing System.Time either from System menu
button or typing it in and middle clicking ...

>> If not, my corrections should be
>> available in the file store of the sourceforge project by Claudio
>> Nieder, Robert Lichtenberger, and me (otherwise I might be able to
>> dig a bit in my folders) or did you pick it up there?
>
>I downloaded the V4 from the Linz server
>ftp://ftp.ssw.uni-linz.ac.at/pub/Oberon/System3/Windows/
>
>I tried to locate Oberon on Sourceforge. I found DOSOberon, which is
>probably not what you are referring to. Could you please point me in the
>right direction?

sorry, I wanted to insert the link, but obviously I was distracted, here it is:
      http://sourceforge.net/p/oberon/oberonv4/ci/master/tree/
or the main page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/oberon/

The sourceforge project had been started by Robert Lichtenberger
for his Linux V4 and I convinced Claudio Nieder to move his stuff
(with the different sources for different platforms) from his private
site there. Maybe it needs more advertisement ...

regards
--
  Bernhard