[Oberon] Oberon-1 or Oberon-2?

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Fri Oct 31 08:48:01 CET 2014

Wojtek

You are fully right. My intention was not to say "HW skills are not needed anymore“. No offense here :-) In fact, I’m more than glad there are HW experts out there.
The level of discussion shifted. In pre-ProjectOberon times, you had to adopt the Oberon code (mainly compiler and lower layer OS modules) if you wanted to put new HW underneath. With RISC5 you don’t touch the Oberon code anymore with new HW. But now you have to adopt the Verilog code...

br
Jörg