[Oberon] Re (n): Oberon0.Dsk and the BootFile, Native.Bin

Paul Onyschuk ptmelville at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:19:48 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 22:57:33 -0800
<peter at easthope.ca> wrote:

> Thanks.  How is the image used?

Unpack it (unxz+tar or just tar if it has support for xz), then:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -m 128 -hda disk.img -net nic,model=ne2k_pci -net
user -vga std

AFAIR networking worked too, just not all versions of Native Oberon come
with Realtek driver out of box.

> I don't know.  I'm troubleshooting the instructions here.
> http://www.ocp.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/Documentation/Installation#toc23

That sounds more or less right. If I recall stable/aplha/beta had a bit
different installation process - Partitions module could be a bit
different.

--
Paul Onyschuk