[Oberon] BlackBox Status: 15-Nov-2014

Oleg N. Cher allot at bk.ru
Sun Nov 16 01:09:58 CET 2014

Firstly, I did not know what the status of BlackBox was hidden. It's not
a secret for anyone who was interested in BB and read the mailing list.

Douglas, if you do not want to BlackBox list will hosted at ETH - it's
your choice. No problems.

Douglas G. Danforth пишет:

> Oleg's concern about Russian language is being addressed.  We are
> extending Component Pascal
> identifies to 16 bit Unicode which will support most of the world's
> languages including Cyrillic.

Douglas, you misunderstood my request. I am fully satisfied with status
of Russian language in BlackBox environment itself. OberonCore provided
a good Russian localization of BB, the documents is translated very
well. Instead of it, I asked ETH for Russian-speaking mailing list on
Oberon technologies at all, not only about BB.

And I ask ETH consider to provide us with such a mailing list. I still
believe that Oberon community is too small, and naturally concentrate
its part, not only around the "BlackBox" and "everything else", but also
on the principle of what a speaking language is used. Nothing else.

I could arrange it personally myself, with the help of the services
Google Groups or Yahoo Public Groups. But I am sure that the name of ETH
gives solidity, and attracts more people around Oberon-mailing, which
will provided personally by ETH, and not by John Smith or a Russian guy
Vasya Pupkin from a little town Mukhosransk.

--
Oleg N. Cher
VEDAsoft Oberon Club