[Oberon] Project Oberon - Copying files to the SD card

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:50:39 CET 2015

The shared code is appreciated, thanks. However
for the physical transfer of data-bits: rather than the these-days-common-view
"it's some magic process"; know, and be able to test/confirm the cause-effect
sequence chain.

Eg. to go on-line via a 3Gdongle, the following sequence helps debugging:

1. sytstem recognises a USB-CDROM device inserted;
2. system switches the USB-CDROM device to <modem mode>;
3. system starts previously proven communicating sequence with Modem-device.

Only after confirming stage-2 [and by implication stage-1] need the user
spend effort on analysing stage/s 3...

>From what I've had time to read so far, it seems that Project Oberon has
avoided being trapped into dependence on the WinTel monopoly.

Let's try for FUNDAMENTAL solutions, independant of particular products;
which is also what education is about.
Eg. I'm unimpressed how UK's open-university material is dependent on Windows
and [Adobe's] pdf. Next they'll be prescribing Coca Cola.

== Chris Glur.