[Oberon] License Question from Walter Gallegos

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Mon Jan 19 14:28:59 CET 2015

Dear Paul,

I second the questions raised by Markus & Walter. The problem I see
is that any statement about software being free is not really sufficient
in terms of copyright and may be even be interpreted differently in
different countries. I do not want to repeat the arguments collected
by the Open Source Initiative or the Free Software Foundation, which
can be found on their sites, e.g. http://opensource.org/faq#free-software
and pages linked to this FAQ.

I think it would be very nice to have a clear statement about the license.
For any commercial use (as apparently envisaged by Markus, Wojtek & Walter)
such a clear statement is absolutely necessary.

I hope you can convince NW similar to your success in convincing him to
endeavor the 2013 re-edition of Project Oberon.

regards
--
  Bernhard