[Oberon] License Question from Walter Gallegos

David Egan Evans sinuhe at xmission.com
Mon Jan 19 15:55:29 CET 2015

> I think it would be very nice to have a clear statement about the license.
> For any commercial use (as apparently envisaged by Markus, Wojtek & Walter)
> such a clear statement is absolutely necessary.

A lack in license means, essentially, that all rights are reserved. (Depending on country, Berne convention, etc.) I believe Wirth is aware of this, and has knowingly not licensed the Oberon-07 work, other than the obvious fair use that comes from publicly posting his work.

However, there is a copy of the ETH Oberon system that available is under a simplified BSD license (among other licenses).
--
D. E. Evans
http://oberon07.com