[Oberon] Project Oberon Emulator Compiling Issue

Bill Buzzell captbill279 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 09:56:50 CET 2015

I am running the Project Oberon emulator on win7 64 and cannot get it to
compile even the "Blink.Mod". I keep getting "position 5 must start with
MODULE" if I do ORP.Compile @/s or ORP.Compile @. If I do just ORP.Compile
I get "new symbol file inhibited" (as expected).

I have read chapter 12 of the book but can't seem to find where I am going
wrong. First I select (highlight) the Blink.Mod then I interclick
ORP.Compile @ command(s). Is there something I am missing. I had a similar
issue with the FPGA Oberon which seemed due to stray selections which was
overcome by careful selection order. Nothing seem to work with the Oberon
emulator, unfortunately.

Obviously something fundamental I am missing has me stumped. Can you assist?

Regards,
Bill