[Oberon] Oberon / Linux Revival

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Fri Feb 20 12:07:29 CET 2015

Joe,

> ./olx works brilliantly on ubuntu 12.04 (32 bit)

interesting. On both TinyCore (see http:// tinycorelinux.net/) and
SLED (11.0 SP3) it requires fiddling with the access control of X.

Peter suggested xhost +, which works nicely with SLED, but TinyCore
does not provide xhost by default, so there I had to restart the
X Server after having edited .xsession to include -ac before the
-I option on the Xvesa command line and killing the X-server with
Ctrl-BackSpace.

Oberon Linux Revival (11.6MB) & TinyCore should allow for an Oberon
System on current PCs with a footprint lower than 25MB Disk Space ...

--
  Bernhard