[Oberon] Oberon / Linux Revival

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Sat Feb 21 10:05:41 CET 2015

Am 20.02.2015 um 20:10 schrieb eas lab:

> That's not very relevant in the context of the massive X11-system.

Yes it't massive, but usually people have it running anyway.

> IMO N-O performance via a FrameBuffer was a great achievment.
> Doesn't N-O provide enough info to do this for linux kernels?
> Also Peter Matthias' FrameButtered LNO version is good.

OLR soon will also support framebuffers. Once Wayland is mainstreem it
will likely alos be supported.

> I'm confused about d/l-ing the *.tgz for this project:
>    repeatedly the *.Mod files are mentioned. I've got all of these
>    since I've been using ETHO since the 90s. And the wiki doesn't yet
>    mention this 'olx' project. As with alo: the non *.Mod files which
>    <connect the ETHO to linux> are very small/few.

Wiki was down for some time. Preferred to program in Oberon ;-)
New hardware should arrive today and wiki should be up soon at
http://oberon.dyndnss.net/

> https://drive.google.com/ seems another one of these <bait & switch:
> as the americans call it>.

I only used it because it's simple and wiki was down.

> Will the theoretical foundations of the commonality of using:
> X86, ARM, ppc ; linux be published.

Don't understand what you mean here.

> Or is this another secret project being beta-tested?

It's jus a hobbyist's fun project. But without secrets. All source and
instructions to build the system are incleded.

Peter