[Oberon] Oberon 3 on Windows 7, PELinker, Windows executable

Dieter d.gloetzel at web.de
Tue Mar 17 13:00:16 CET 2015

Hi Oleg,

this is the type of information I expected from joining this list. Thank
you.

The reason for using Oberon 3 and trying to use PELinker is, that I know
Oberon 3 for 20 years.
And that I am happy with the environment as it is.
After all, the PELinker cannot be so bad, because it makes also the
Oberon 3-system run on Windows.
But it seems fair to assume that, since the last innovation on Oberon 3
(apart from an adaption to Vista and Windows7) is ten years old,
  this is may be not  the future platform for Oberon development.

So the question will be, which environment to choose in the long run. My
present application is a converter from MusicXML (a proprietary
description language for musical notes)
into another notes description language called PMX (a tool for
generating MusixTeX code). It is almost finished, and I still hope I get
my problems sorted out with PELinker.

If not, I will have to port my stuff onto one of your proposed
environments. The important criterion for me is the porting effort.

I am using the Modules "Out, Oberon, Strings, Texts, Objects, Files".
And I would hope that there will be similar libraries available
in one or the other Oberon environment and that the syntax is 99 %
compatible.

Regards,
Dieter