[Oberon] New version of Regul (and other tools)

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:04:10 CEST 2015

For poets & politicians it's "words that matter";
for scientists & engineers it's concepts.....
----
Why would you not just use *nix directly, instead of using LEO
 [in the ETHO family] to leverage your collection of *nix tricks:
  like <find the file/s in that-other-partition which mentioned "CIPC",
    which I was editing in the last 2 days>.
System.Execute find /mnt/hdc11 -ctime -2  -exec grep -l "CIPC" {} \;
==
/mnt/hdc11/Legal/AudtrFiduc/CIPRO/GUIDEcipc
/mnt/hdc11/Legal/AudtrFiduc/CIPRO/GUIDEcipc.Bak
------------------
Because for any non-trivial task, several files are involved.
Like paperS on the desk, for the previous generation.
And unless you have an exceptional short-term memory, you
need to SEE multiple files TOGETHER on the same screen;
which is achieved better with ETHO than other systems I can imagine
and was copied by the inventors of unix, for their plan9 system.
--
For me: wily: the public domain ETHO-copied tiling-framework is a
killer-app, but lacks the colouring facilities of ETHO, which adds

== Chris Glur.