[Oberon] Re (2): Oberon/Linux Revival

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Thu Jul 2 19:00:43 CEST 2015

Am 02.07.2015 um 16:42 schrieb peter at easthope.ca:
> From:	Richard Hable <informujo at aon.at>
> Date:	Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:44:05 +0200
>> ... insufficient documentation, ...
>
> http://oberon.wikidot.com/ is a wiki.  When you find some knowledge,
> please add it.

If someone whishes to have write access, please let me know.

> Peter Matthias in ETH Oberon / Linux X86 2015-04-25,
>> FileSystem.Mount Linux LinuxFS /home/user/lno/ ~ (edit directory)
>
> FileSystem.Mount Linux LinuxFS /home/peter/Test/ ~
> Call error: FileSystem.Mount x86/FileSystem.Obj not found

The filesystem in a file is not supported by OLR. It would be possible
to port the FileSystem modules and extract the files. LNO also is able
to extract all files.

>> ... a single distribution from Linux Native Oberon, ARM Linux Oberon and MIPS Linux Oberon.
>
> Any possibility of adding Sparc?

The OP2 compiler should also be available for SPARC. That port would not
be that difficult using same technics as MIPS port. However, I don't see
a SPARC board while ci20 MIPS board is available for £50 or $65.

> Oberon cut and paste and the X clipboard are not connected are they?

This annoys me, too. X11 clipboard seems to be quite complex. I did not
have luck in getting it to work.

Regards,
Peter