[Oberon] Porting an Oberon application from WIndows to Linux

Dieter d.gloetzel at web.de
Fri Jul 3 10:39:43 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I made a utility in Oberon  for Windows (System 3, Version 2.5) in order to
convert one musical notes description language (MusicXML of Recordare Inc.)
into another one (PMX for MusixTex).

In case anybody is interested in typesetting notes, he can  find the
details under
<http://icking-music-archive.org/software/htdocs/index.html>.

With the much appreciated help of Chris Burrows and other participants
of this mailing list, I managed to produce a Windows-Exe of this application
and now to publish it under the above address.

Now the questions arises, how to distribute it on Unix.
There are basically two routes to follow:

  * via Oberon on Linux
  * via an Oberon to C-translator

What do you recommend? Is there a similar mechanism like PELinker for
Windows in order to make Unix executable programs?

I must add, that I am neither a Unix nor a C freak.

Thanks and regards,
Dieter