[Oberon] Re (2): Re (2): Oberon/Linux Revival

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Sat Jul 4 22:14:23 CEST 2015

Am 02.07.2015 um 22:45 schrieb peter at easthope.ca:
> From:	Peter Matthias <PeterMatthias at web.de>
> Date:	Thu, 2 Jul 2015 19:00:43 +0200
>>> FileSystem.Mount Linux LinuxFS /home/peter/Test/ ~
>>> Call error: FileSystem.Mount x86/FileSystem.Obj not found
>>
>> The filesystem in a file is not supported by OLR. It would be possible
>> to port the FileSystem modules and extract the files. LNO also is able
>> to extract all files.
>
> I'm lost.  According to System.Directory there is no *FileSystem*.
> What does this instruction in System.Text refer to?
> "To access the packages from Linux-based Native Oberon (LNO):
>
> FileSystem.Mount ..."

Documentation still is from original Native Oberon release. IIRC I only
changed System.Tool and all files that start with "OLR.". I just don't
have time to clean up documentation. Voluteers are welcome.

>> X11 clipboard seems to be quite complex. I did not have luck in getting it to work.
>
> OK; wondered whether I missed it.  Somehow Guenter solved for UnixAos.

Guenter has library acces, OLR only has Linux Kernel interface. Once
Wayland is on my computer, I am interested to add Wayland graphics
target. Maybe wayland clipboard is easier. I am also thinking about just
copying the text to the terminal. Together with opening ASCII text files
it would allow some kind of C&P functionality.

Peter