[Oberon] Porting OberonRISC5 to an affordable FPGA board

enso enso at apple2.x10.mx
Mon Jul 27 00:22:15 CEST 2015

Hi Paul.

Thanks for volunteering.  Email me your address and I will send you a board!

It is the first prototype run, so it's possible that some issues will
come up.  So far I've identified a couple of very minor problems - wrong
headphone footprint and faulty uSD sense switch wiring.  These should
not affect RISC5 implementation at all.  The design is simple enough
that there shouldn't be problems (ahem) - it's pretty minimal.

Anyway, it shouldn't be too much of a timesuck for you, as you know your
way around the system.

To clarify, it's a labor of love for me.  I've held on to the original
Project Oberon book over the years, although haven't had the opportunity
to do any Oberon work...  When I came across the RISC5 recently, your
work revived my interest.  The short time I've spent with RISC5 Oberon
is a great relief from the failing software and flaky USB devices I have
to deal with daily.

I am looking forward to a world that has inexpensive Oberon hardware
accessible to all.

Thanks again.