[Oberon] Wojtek's comment

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 12:13:15 CEST 2015

I figured most of that.
and I even found a linker.Mod someone cooked up. How good it is we dont
know. But it is easily checked
The part missing is some kind of an Oberon0 that speaks RS232, so the inner
core can be debugged.
I am capable of writing it of course. But also I am lazy.

I was thinking that Bram can be mapped into the memory space, and some
module addresses can be deterministic,
but come to think of it, you are very right about the stack, it has to be
fast to accommodate fast program execution.

But here is the answer (I think)
modern processors have a software interrupt that puts the machine into
supervisory mode.
so:
adapt the RISC5 firmware code

pull the trigger
the pc goes to soft interrupt service routine
the stackpointer is doctored
do an rts to the house of other woman in our life. :)

mmm, I am impressed with the quality of the Oberon list. Real things get
designed here
Over at the the rich aunts house we always sit and tell each other how well
we know
and how beautiful we are, but in general nothing real happens.
The other day I threw Oberon in, just for the laugh, ha, ha.
The answer was something like: "Repent, your have gravely sinned!"

Right then, back to my unit tests of 4 pages of math. That also has to be
done.

cheers,

j.