[Oberon] Context of Modules, when using Oberon in a A2 environment

Dieter d.gloetzel at web.de
Tue Sep 15 18:26:13 CEST 2015

Dear all,

I have a problem using Oberon in the "A2.r4701" environment under WinAos.

I wrote a simple Hello-World-Module. See below!

MODULE Hello IN Oberon;
IMPORT Out := Out IN Oberon; (* Is this Syntax correct? Or should I write "Oberon.Out" *)
PROCEDURE Call*;
BEGIN
Out.String("Hello from Oberon!") (* This should appear in the Oberon System.Log *)
END Call;
BEGIN
END Hello.Call
When I call the Compiler with middle mouse click in the pop-up-window,
I get the following reply:
Parallel Compiler / prk
i386 code generator installed
   compiling Hello ... not done
      pos  51  err  152    Oberon-Out  symbol file of imported module not found
However in the obj-folder I find "Oberon.Out.Obw".

Either I do not understand properly the syntax of Modules' Context,
or there is something missing in the installation, or may-be the standard paths for searching files
are not set up properly.

Regards,
Dieter

--