[Oberon] bug in FileDir.Match

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 10:22:25 CET 2015

Good morning all,

I finally found the time to sort out the misbehaving Match routine:

> To be clear: You get the right result with the code snipped I sent and
repeat below?

> mask:="*.Mod"
> name:="ABCD.Mod"
> name:="123";
> IF Match(mask, name) THEN ...

You were quite right Peter, I did not. And when I did I saw.

So now I fixed it, mainly since the same broken routine is used in
FATFiles.Mod and in AOS Strings.Match. So once everybody approves, the fix
should go there also.

I have attached a test module for the match procedure as such, with Peters
test hard coded.
And I have attached a modified FileDir.Mod that you can compile and test in
your own system.

Please let me know.

Then I will now pay attention to the trap problems I saw, or thought I saw.

Cheers,

j.